Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Little Summertime Treat

Feel like you're so hot you're just going to melt? Yeah, me too. Cooking doesn't seem like much fun right now, and even eating can sometimes be a chore in this kind of weather, so I thought I'd lighten it up today by  sharing a quick and easy recipe.

Watermelon is great, and I often just cut the green globe in half and attack it with a spoon, but sometimes I want a little variety, and salting fruit (or any of my food) has never really been my thing. So when I'm feeling adventurous, but not adventurous enough to move around, I like to dice or ball a whole watermelon (this means I can share or there will be some for later) into a lidded Pyrex bowl, juice a lime over the whole thing (or use the equivalent amount of bottled stuff), and mince a bunch of mint on top. Mix it all up (or shake it, if you're lucky enough to have a Pyrex bowl), and dig in. The lime and mint give the watermelon a delicious flavor, and you've achieved culinary interest without turning anything on.

Stay cool out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment